Whenever I Google easy recipes, more often than not, I find a laundry list of ingredients and directions that are too long to retain. I guess my definition of easy is pretty pathetic in the world of cooking, so I wanted to share my actually EASY meals.
Honey Chickpea Chicken
This meal is great for little ones who have low iron (if they’ll eat it)! I mostly send leftovers to school for my daughter’s lunches. She still has a couple side items (e.g. yogurt and fruit) if she blatantly refuses, but the teachers say she eats it most of the time, even when she wasn’t crazy about it the night before. Win!
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 16 MINS
Chickpeas (1 can)
Chicken Stock (1/2 cup)
Spinach (1 bunch - Rinsed well)
Chicken Breasts (1.75 lbs.)
Garlic, Chili Powder, Salt, Pepper (To taste)
Honey (2 tbsp.)
Goat Cheese (1 cup)
1) Add 1 can of chickpeas and ½ cup of chicken stock to a high sided frying pan.
2) Cook peas on HIGH until stock is absorbed and peas are tender (8-10 minutes). Sprinkle with garlic and chili powder to taste.
3) When peas are almost cooked, add spinach and cook until wilted. Set peas and spinach aside.
4) Prepare Chicken breasts (or prep ahead of time with spices, see 3 Timesaving Tips for Making Healthy Dinners). Place chicken in the frying pan with olive oil (3 minutes on each side). Add salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder to taste (if not added previously). Check the chicken is cooked through (no pink in the middle).
5) Lay chicken over chickpeas and spinach, then drizzle honey and sprinkle goat cheese on top.
Want another Ridiculously Easy Recipe?
Try Savory OR Sweet Lemon Salmon and Sweet Baked Scallops.
What do you make for an easy, quick and healthy meal? Please let me know in the comments. Thanks for Reading!
Hi! I'm Nicki, a full time working Mama in a fast-paced male dominated industry. I blog for a creative outlet and to help moms like you make this parenting journey a little easier!
MomFire is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.